Thursday, July 22, 2010

Phuza Thursday

In South Africa we have adopted many traditions form our friends on the other side of the big pond: Tequila Tuesdays, Wacky Wednesdays, Casual Friday, etc.  But being South African we have our own too: Phuza Thursday.

'Phuza' is a Zulu word, meaning drink.  Since this has no reference to a specific type of drink, all the colorful people of our country can enjoy this day and feel united.  Children can drink sodas, the dogs can drink water, the English can drink tea, the Jamaicans can drink Rum, the French can drink Champagne, the Boere(farmers) can drink brandy & coke and I,  . . .  .I can drink red wine.

Since it is Phuza Thursday today, I will not bore you with a long post, but leave you with a quote form a book I read:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She always considered the sailboat to be a remarkably therapeutic device.  Just a few minutes on the water purged away the daily stresses while calming the emotions.  She often joked that the country needed more sailboats and fewer psychologists
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog from across the other side of the pond. And seeing I enjoy nothing better than yachts, wine and talking (or listening to) random gibberish (well almost nothing), I thought I'd check it out!!

And as I've just discover and started reading Clive Cussler, i thought here would be the spot to respond...

See you in the TSP forum, Cheers Tim

Smilicus said...

Hi Tim. Which Cussler are you reading at present? I dont know if you know that the film Sahara is one of Cusslers Dirk Pitt Novel.

Must say, the TSP forum have been very helpful in some areas of decision making on the different stuff I will add to my NF15, once built.

And wine? Red or White, it is almost the same distinction as TS or the Darkerside (keelers)

Ciao