Thursday, May 19, 2011

Taxman

..Let me tel you how it will be
Theres 1 for you, 19 for me
'cause I'm the Taxman
Yeah, I'm the Taxman..

~ from Taxman by The Beatles ~


The Beatles knew and so do we....Damn the Taxman.  These days there is Tax on everything, even when you are on your boat, in the middle of the ocean visiting the head, Readers Digest in hand, you are reminded in bold letters VAT incl.  You cant escape him, not him, not the Taxman.



But if you are so lucky to escape the Taxman at sea,  you still hear "theres 1 for you, 19 for me".  

Davy Jones takes as he wants and has no need for forms, records or formalities. His locker has claimed quite a few items from me over the years, there was my favorite baseball cap, a few anchors, dive mask , etc. But the worst was the last bottle of beer on a hot South African day.  I still wake up some nights in a cold sweat and scream:"No, not the Heineken!!!"

Out of what have Davy Jones conned you?

.

4 comments:

Smilicus said...

and someone is trying to get sell what Davy Jones has taken - Classic Sub for sale

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

I saw this in my email. This was a $3million loss during a launch. I think you can see the owner in the stern. Forgive me for saying, because this was a power boat, it is a good start.

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

I really didn't say that for the record....

Smilicus said...

LOL, will file it to use later against you...hehe